Sinful Personal Branding Tip #3 : The ‘Invidia’ art of building the Brand YOUJuly 2, 2013
Sinful Personal Branding Tip #5 : The ‘Gula’ art of building the Brand YOUJuly 23, 2013
Thou shall not be subjected to the rat race; thou shall enjoy the slothful empowerment to the top.
For those who believe, that never has been sloth (acedia), the secret of success; couldn’t be more wrong. All you need is to master the art of employing this so called sin to do your bidding. And voila! Will you ace the race! Well, there wouldn’t be much of a race-as where others would be scrambling their way to the next milestone-you would be indulging into these slothful secrets of personal and professional excellence. Haven’t we grown up with the age old dogma of slow and steady wins the race? Oh yes! It’s just that we haven’t perceived it to be actually applicable in today’s age where jobs change faster than seasons. So let’s explore my Acedia way of building and empowering the Brand YOU:
Sloth it out on-
- Jack of all trades syndrome: The reason why it’s called the ‘Jack’-you remain as such; your attempt to know it all for ‘em all is a huge waste of your invaluable expertise potential. Sloth tip: Focus only on your core mastery; your unique promise of value.
- Out running the world (competition): You truly have no competition, the only worthy yardstick you need beat is your own! Sloth Tip: Focus only on outdoing yourself, the rest of the world is just a spectator.
- Power play conquest: The primal urge of conquest keeps us exactly that: primitive. Play your game such that your true power is measured against the heartfelt smiles you empower. Sloth tip: Focus only on meaningful power; the one that truly empowers others to do more.
- Mindless materialism: What’s thy glittering gold worth, if it may not illuminate a dark hut? The wealth amassed from purely materialist pursuit is not worthy of your brand, unless you put it to a noble use too. Sloth tip: Focus only on benevolent materialism; rest is immaterial.
- Reprisal of the rivals: It’s indeed beyond mortal to forgive; laze out the incessant urge to even up! Time it out today; tomorrow it will be history. Sloth tip: Focus only on protecting your karma; it’s your karma, it’s worth it.
Your turn to tell me how will you indulge in this sloth-ful art of building the Brand YOU!